Welcome from the Principal
Greetings IF@M Families,
Welcome to the 2019 - 2020 school year! I hope that you enjoyed a summer of authentic learning, filled with the creation of memories with family and friends. The IF@M Team & Family is thrilled to partner with you and your scholar(s) for another school year of learning and growing!
I am grateful to continue this journey with you, serving as your Principal. Over the past two years we have made tremendous strides toward realizing our school’s vision of developing a culture of Rigorous Instruction and MicroSociety in a Restorative Environment. Last school year, we made gains of more than 1 year in reading and math, earned an A character grade (up from a B in SY18) and developed a fully functioning MicroSociety.
Over the summer, we are continuing to work strategically to realize our vision of providing a school environment where each and every scholar is challenged at his/her academic level, is provided with character education and can use 21st century skills in our MicroSociety to be prepared for college and career.
For school year 2019-2020, please look forward to:
- Orientation for NEW FAMILIES on August 15.
- The first day of school on Tuesday, September 3rd.
- Kindergarten orientation for parents and scholars on Thursday, August 29 @ 2:30 p.m. We do not participate in full-day systemic orientation days for K or 6th grade.
- Per PGCPS, if you want to escort your scholar to class on the first day of school, you will need to sign in at the main office and obtain a visitor pass. Please have your driver’s license/state identification with you, if you’re not in our Raptor system.
- School hours remaining the same, from 8:15 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Students entering the building beginning at 8:10 a.m.
- Breakfast being provided for students in the multi-purpose beginning at 8:00 am.
- School supply lists are posted to the school's website.
- During arrival and dismissal in the hug/kiss line, please remember to remain in your vehicle and have your scholar(s) ready to help traffic flow smoothly.
- 2 Success Time periods (intervention/enrichment) will be offered to scholars daily.
- MicroSociety will be offered daily from 2:30 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Early dismissal will end at 2:30 p.m. Visitor badges will not be issued after 2:00 p.m. Please schedule classroom visits with the teacher and grade level administrator at least 24 hours in advance via Class Dojo or email.
- Uniforms will remain the same for the school year, please check the school’s website for details. imaginemorningside.org. Please purchase the blazers and/or cardigans as well as short and long sleeve school shirts so that our scholars are adequately dressed for the temperatures that vary in the schoolhouse.
- Scholars will receive their schedules via mail before the first day of school.
- Mark your calendars for Back to School Night on September 11, 2019 from 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
We look for to seeing you on September 3rd, relaxed, rejuvenated and ready for another school year of meaningful learning experiences for our scholars. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns via Class Dojo or email.