Welcome from the Principal
August 15, 2018
Greetings Imagine Team and Family,
I am excited to welcome you to the 2018 - 2019 school year! I hope that the summer has provided you with the opportunity to spend time with loved ones and do some summer reading J. It continues to be an honor to serve as the principal of a school that is full of potential. Last school year, we made gains on PARCC, more than 1 years’ growth on the STAR assessment and reduced suspensions. I am looking forward to continuing the trend of positive change in our school community through our partnership.
Over the summer, we looked carefully at how we can help all of our scholars grow and achieve at their highest level. Accordingly, we revised vision of Imagine Morningside. Our new vision is focused on providing rigorous learning experiences in a restorative learning environment within our MicroSociety. In order to support the actualization our school’s vision, we are committed to providing a school environment where each and every scholar is challenged at his/her academic level, is provided with character education and can use 21stcentury skills in our MicroSociety to be prepared for college and career.
Below are a few items to consider as we prepare for the first day of school on Tuesday, September 4th.
- School hours are 8:15 am–3:00 pm.
- Students will enter the building beginning at 8:10 am.
- Breakfast is provided for students in the multi-purpose beginning at 8:00am.
- School supply lists are posted to the school's website.
- During arrival and dismissal in the hug/kiss line, please remember to remain in your vehicle to help traffic flow smoothly.
- Early dismissal will end at 2:30pm. Visitor badges will not be issued after 2:00pm.
- Uniforms have changed for the school year, please check the Uniform Policy for details.
- Student will receive their schedules via mail before the first day of school.
- We do not participate in full-day systemic orientation days for K or 6th However, we will have a K orientation for parents and scholars on Thursday, August 30 @ 2:30pm.
- Per PGCPS, if you want to escort your scholar to class on the first day of school, you will need to sign in at the main office and obtain a visitor pass.
Please mark your calendars for the following upcoming date:
- Back to School Night on September 13, 2018 from 5:30-7:30pm.
Please enjoy the remaining days of the summer, as we eagerly anticipate another fulfilling year of meaningful learning experiences for our students. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.