At Imagine Foundations at Morningside Public Charter School (PCS), we believe that you, the parents and guardians, have the primary responsibility for each child’s education. Our professionals are committed to partnering with you to fulfill that responsibility. We set high expectations for ourselves and our students, in order to provide you with a quality educational and moral development program in a safe, nurturing environment.
We set high expectations for you, too. Parental involvement is critical to the success of students, and thus parental involvement and communication will be a priority at Imagine Foundations at Morningside. A significant body of research indicates that when parents participate in their children’s education, the result is an increase in student achievement and an improvement of students’ attitudes. Increased attendance, fewer disciplinary problems, and higher aspirations also have been correlated with an increase in parent involvement, regardless of socioeconomic status.
Consistent with our school goals, we will focus our efforts on improving support for learning through parent involvement in school, continuously improving communication, and providing resources to support learning outside of school.
In partnership, we ask parents/guardians to do the following:
- Check Class Dojo daily for information about school/class news and events
- Communicate with teachers and administrators via Class Dojo, as needed
- Check SchoolMax weekly to monitor scholar grades
- Check Google Classroom daily to review scholar assignments
- Check your scholar’s backpack and take home folder daily for graded work and parent notifications
- Participate in family academic, character, and community service events
- Participate in parent webinar and virtual events
- Attend PTO meetings