- Undergo a fingerprint check – at least 15 business days in advance of volunteer activity
- Undergo a Child Protective Services (CPS) clearance – at least 15 business days in advance of volunteer activity
- Complete the required SafeSchools training modules each school year – prior to engaging in volunteer activity.
- Click here to access the training
- After you have completed the required modules in Safe Schools, please print a copy of your certificate and bring it to Mrs. Nembhard in the front office so that she may attach it to your file, or to create a new file for you if this is your first time as a volunteer.
- If you are a PGCPS employee, you probably have already completed the required training but you still must print the required certificate and bring it to Mrs. Nembhard in the front office.
Please refer to this link below to assist with what requirements you need for volunteering: https://www.pgcps.org/required-training
Good Morning Parents!
This message is URGENT! As many of you know President Bush’s funeral procession will close a number of roads today across the metropolitan area on Monday and Wednesday as the late president’s body is brought to the capital rotunda, where his body will lay in state for 3 days.
All 3 access roads to our school to include Allentown Road, Suitland Road and the Joint Andrews Base roads will be closed starting at approximately 2:45pm which is beginning of our dismissal. There is no way to determine how long the roads will stay closed.
Parents, guardians are vans are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to do an EARLY DISMISSAL TODAY for their scholars. The county provided an early dismissal for our sister campus Imagine Andrews, who has the same access roads but did not provide the same for our school. In the past, when this occurred with the Pop we had a 2-early dismissal.
Please make plans to pick up your scholar early today to avoid major issues. As a reminder, I have to release teachers and all staff persons from their duties at 3:30pm. If you are not here by 3:30pmto pick your scholar, then your scholar will be sent to Springboard at the drop-in rate of $47. Springboard scholars must be picked up by 6:30pm.
I apologize for the urgency of this message and the short time to make arrangements. I found out about the closures at 8:15 and have been on the phone with the county since working on this issue.
Greetings Imagine Foundations at Morningside!
This message is for parents of scholars in grades 7 and 8. During the PGCPS principal meeting, we discussed strategies for engaging our parents around PSAT8/9. PSAT is critically important for high school admittance to speciality schools and programs. We are offering PSAT practice to 8th grade during SuccessTime.
PURPOSE: To provide guidance to administrators and teachers in the implementation of the grading and reporting systems to be used in all middle schools and centers and for all sixth grade students in elementary schools in PGCPS.
Revisions to AP 5121.2 include:
- Updates to section regarding “N” grade;
- Updates to Monitoring and Compliance section; and
- Title and office changes.
Happy 3rd week of school!
I wanted to advise families of scholars in grades 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th that PARCC scores from school year 2017-2018 will be sent home with your scholars today, September 21. Please review the score reports.
The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) is a group of states working together to develop a set of assessments that measure whether students are on track to be successful in college and careers. Here is an attachment with resource to help you better understand your scholar’s score (Understand the Score). Our curriculum for all academic subjects is Common Core which is aligned to PARCC. Scholars in grades 3 though 8 will also participate in PARCC simulations starting in October to help them feel more comfortable with the assessment. We will have a PARCC Night for Families, again this year to give families a better understanding of the assessment.