MEET THE GOVERNING BOARD AT IMAGINE MORNINGSIDE PCS
The Imagine Foundations at Morningside Public Charter School Board of Directors are:
Levonia Wiggins Jr.
Imagine Schools Non-Profit, Inc. establishes the Board of Directors, which consists of six members, who are appointed on the basis of any criteria deemed relevant to the selection of Directors consistent with the school’s mission; particular consideration will be given to individuals to be well representative of the charter school community served by the school.
Directors serve terms consistent with each school’s articles and bylaws.
Meetings of the Board of Directors shall be called at places within or without the State of Maryland and at times fixed by resolution of the Board or upon call of the majority of Managers.
For more information about the Board of Directors and how it operates, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Roles & Responsibilities
Among their roles and responsibilities, each of the Board of Directors will:
- Understand and actively endorse Imagine Schools’ Six Measures of Excellence
- Support the philosophy of Imagine Schools and serve the entire school community
- Help Imagine Schools assure school operations in compliance with the charter and other obligations, and encourage and support the Imagine employees (teachers and staff) working at the school
- Help establish strategic direction, set broad policy, steward the assets, and give input into the approval of the principal, all in support of the organization’s stated mission
- Attend the school’s major public events and fundraisers, celebrate the successes, and actively encourage support and attendance by friends, colleagues, and associates
- Be responsible for the fiscal oversight of the charter school, knowing what the budget is, and taking an active part in reviewing and approving the budget, as well as monitoring performance against that budget
- Positively represent the organization in the best possible ways and champion the cause at every opportunity.
- Understand that one of the most reliable measures of a charter school’s quality is parent choice as demonstrated by a full school, indicating that the school is highly desirable to other local alternatives available to parents.